Beginners Guide to Video Storytelling
This one-day video storytelling workshop is designed to equip content marketers with the knowledge and tools they need to take advantage of the growth of video.
The workshop mixes together social science, behavioral, economical and creative storytelling. Helping delegates understand how stories work, why we like them and how they can be built into professional communication.
By infusing your communication with storytelling ideas and techniques you can help your content to:
- Attract organic audiences;
- Connect emotionally;
- Drive audiences to take specific action
- Create viral, organic sharing.
Key learning outcomes
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the science behind why stories are so powerful in causing audience action.
- Have immediately applicable techniques to find / craft stories which drive action and behavior change.
- Know how to build a story, working back from the required call to action or KPI.
Who should attend?
The course is relevant to all content marketers, with a specific advantage to:
- Copywriters and content creators, who will learn how to seek out certain types of stories and tweak their existing stories to reach milestones or KPIs.
- Creatives looking to understand how to use storytelling to position (or re-position) their client, campaign or product in the minds of audiences.
- B2B content creators looking to understand how storytelling can increase interest and engagement with typically dry content.
Venue, date & timings
- WeWork, 3 Waterhouse Square,138 Holborn, London, EC1N 2SW
- Thursday 6th September 2018
- 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
- CMA Members – £299
- General Admission – £399
How to book
Please click here and fill out the booking form.
“The trainer really knew his stuff and managed to cover so much in a single day. The topics he covered were really interesting and insightful. Looking forward to applying some of his tips and theories to practice.” Francesco Agresti, Video Producer, Kaplan International
“Thoroughly enjoyable session, Lots of great information and insight to take back to the team.” Sarah Deane, Marketing Assistant, Zurich Municipal
“Loved the scientific results driven approach to online video marketing” Justine Ragany, Content Director, Sonder
“Well organised and highly informative training on digital marketing, in a great location” Sarah Williams, Content Marketing Manager, Bloomsbury
“An excellent overview on how best to approach online video” Danny Brogan, Editor, Spafax
“Stephen is a hugely charismatic and entertaining speaker and I could listen to him all day. Literally. He comes at content from an original and very compelling angle and you can see the results in the great work he has been behind.” Kath Hipwell, Head of Content Strategy, Red Bee
“Stephen was fantastic. He was engaging, had great examples and covered a huge spread of topics that were both interesting and applicable.” Helen Cassidy, Account Director, Think