We’re looking for a Supporter Communications Manager to cover a fixed-term period of 12 months. In this role, you’ll be responsible for our main communications to over 1 million supporters through our quarterly magazine Nature’s Home, and the weekly Notes on Nature email (you can sign up to the email here ).
This is a role that requires an eye for a story, a deep understanding of nature and conservation and the ability to build relationships with all areas of the RSPB and beyond. It’s a fast-paced, challenging role, but it comes with huge rewards. Whether that’s coming up with creative ideas for the magazine and weekly email or getting out in nature and filming associated videos, it’s a chance to get creative and really make a difference to the cause. You’ll be speaking directly to 1.1million people each week, inspiring them with fascinating wildlife stories and helping to save nature through people.
You’ll be the main contact for our agency partner, Immediate Media, and our team of editors, designers and advertising team there. You’ll also build, nurture and grow a network of relationships with colleagues across the RSPB to ensure our products deliver against our communications plan and engagement, income and supporter experience objectives. You’ll ensure the needs of our supporters come first while ensuring the accuracy of content and alignment with the RSPB’s communications plan and other priorities.
Are you a highly-motivated individual experienced in the principles and production of communications, with a passion for wildlife and conservation? Are you experienced in writing and producing magazines, other communications and content on print and digital platforms? Are you a natural networker with an eye for stories that will inspire our supporters to save nature and see the impact they are having? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What we need from you:
- Experience of working in a dynamic magazine environment, or equivalent branded content/publications team.
- Strong project management skills and ability to deal with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills with a proven ability to resolve conflict and devise solutions.
- Strong track record in successful content marketing for different audiences.
- Experience of commissioning and delivering engaging content that delivers against the brief.
- Proven ability to work within a team based in multiple locations and manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of wildlife and conservation to ensure accuracy of content.
- Understanding of how magazine content plays out across communications channels.
- Attention to detail for checking content requiring proofreading, image checks and QA.
- A proactive approach and ability to think creatively for innovation content ideas.
- Strong writing skills
- Filming and/or video editing skills
*Please note that remote working is possible for this role.