TCO is made up of award-winning journalists, strategists, designers and branded-content producers. We are connected into a wider international network of creatives and journalists. In previous lives, we’ve worked for the likes of Red Bull, MTV, ITN, Dazed & Confused, The New York Times, The Guardian, Wired and beyond. Between us, we’ve received over 80 awards, across multiple disciplines from D&AD and Mediaweek, to Sundance Film Festival and Gold Cannes Lions.
Huck Senior Editor
Huck is looking for a Senior Editor to lead its editorial team. The ideal person will implement the brand’s editorial vision and mandate, delivering only–in-Huck coverage of subculture, documentary photography and outdoor sports for both a UK and international audience. The Senior Editor will ensure Huck offers a critical yet optimistic lens on the world through premium writing, photography and illustration. The perfect candidate will have in-house experience at a daily/weekly publication and a passion for youth culture (we welcome candidates who have worked at platforms outside of this sphere but can demonstrate a genuine passion for what we cover at Huck in their personal lives and work). This is a rare opportunity to help shape one of the most exciting media brands for millennials and Gen Z.
- Initiate and drive a brand strategy, ensuring the Huck mandate is delivered across all platforms – digital, social and print.
- Collaborate with the commercial team to develop formats (editorial series, podcasts, events, films) that provide opportunities for Branded Partnerships.
- Manage in-house Huck editorial team to ensure all targets and mandates are enacted and met.
- Oversee incoming pitches and outgoing briefs, developing ideas with contributors and in-house staff to create original, inspiring multimedia features that work across all platforms.
- Liaise with the Print Editor and Digital Editor to get the best out of both the website and magazine.
- Oversee the weekly agenda for huckmag.com, working with the social team to activate multimedia content across Huck’s social channels.
- Produce and commission original features with a focus on culture as well as photography and outdoors sports as seen through an internationalist, countercultural lens.
- Liaise with the TCO agency team to deliver branded content.
Skills + Experience:
- 2+ years experience in a Senior Editor role.
- Experience leading an editorial team and executing a brand mandate.
- Excellent communication.
- Proven experience as a Commissioning Editor and Writer (please include bylines + areas of interest/expertise).
- Know how to craft strong news stories and engaging headlines.
- Have a strong network of contacts/contributors (journalists, comment writers, photographers, PRs).
- Have a track record of storytelling experimentation and a strong grasp of how to use images, graphics, videos to strengthen a narrative.
- Be passionate and deeply interested in youth culture around the globe. We’re looking for someone who follows big stories and spots opportunities to tell them in new ways.
- Proactive ability to seek out and act upon leads to original, untold stories.
- Be able to assign and edit stories from contributors.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary to cover events and breaking news.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and prior in-house experience at a media platform is preferred.
- Have prior experience with SEO, Twitter, Facebook, IG, TikTok, HTML and Photoshop.
Please send COVER LETTER, CV, CLIPPINGS to [email protected] Subject: HUCK SENIOR EDITOR JOB [YOUR NAME].