This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, strategic sales professional to develop innovative, effective commercial partnerships for prestigious clients.
CPL is an award-winning content marketing and media sales agency based in Cambridge. We work on behalf of a raft of leading organisations including membership bodies, brands and businesses spanning a wide range of sectors.
CPL’s media sales division is intent on delivering effective media solutions for advertisers, clients and commercial partners.
In this senior role you will be responsible for negotiating advertising packages and driving sales across multiple platforms to a wide range of businesses and agencies.
Taking a consultative approach, you will create and deliver media solutions that produce a high level of engagement and appropriate market positioning for your clients.
Proposals and packages may include sponsorship; branded video, webinars, podcasts and written content; display, directory and recruitment – all of which are targeted to engage our predominantly B2B audiences.
The ideal candidate will have strong and broad digital and print experience which will include selling strategic branded content solutions and sponsorship.
As well as being able to demonstrate a consultative selling style you will need to be organised, and digitally and technologically savvy.
What We Offer You
We expect you to look after our clients. And we expect you to be rewarded for doing so. As well as learning and development opportunities, we offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme; flexible working; annual leave of up to 28 days; contributory pension scheme; death in service benefit; cycle to work scheme; drinks and social events; and a friendly, recently refurbished, office environment.
Balancing work and life commitments is important to us as a company. We understand everyone has different needs. Once we settle into a post-pandemic new normal, we expect to operate flexible, hybrid working arrangements, where most of our people will spend around half of their week in the office. So you need to live within a comfortable commuting distance of Cambridge.
If you’re interested in this role, please send a covering email and your CV to Ewa Wrona, [email protected]
Successful Candidate Profile
- Target-driven and proactive
- Ability to devise compelling, engaging proposals for clients
- Strong negotiation, objection handling and customer service skills
- Ability to build sustainable relationships with existing clients and new prospects
- Consultative, solutions-led mentality
- Excellent telephone and face-to-face sales skills and experience of presenting to senior people
- Energised by a fast paced environment
- Digital and tech savvy
Purpose of Role
- Support CPL’s growth strategy by being a senior member of CPL’s media sales team and striving to deliver value and revenue for clients.
- Contribute to CPL’s reputation for excellent customer service by providing a high-quality, responsive and agile service to internal and external clients, potential clients and advertisers.
- Help CPL achieve its overall business mission: “To create inspiring content that brings people together around our clients’ brands and organisations.”
- Build and manage sustainable relationships with clients to support the growth of valuable commercial partnerships
- Identify and develop commercial opportunities and revenues including advertising, branded content, partnerships and sponsorship
- Manage and grow existing client accounts as well as prospecting for new advertisers and potential long-term commercial partners
- Represent CPL and our client businesses at events, and conduct face-to-face meetings
- Develop a strong understanding of our business, and that of our clients, and stay informed of the latest trends and developments in the advertising market. Take advantage of this knowledge to direct media sales opportunities and strategies for the team
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all relevant internal CPL teams such as editorial, production, publishing and finance
- Provide support to the business development team in responding to tenders and preparing for pitches
- Ensure that expenses, invoices, HR and other internal processes are carried out regularly and general housekeeping is done
- Maintain accurate records and effective administration using our Pulse Publisher customer relationship management system and generate sales reports as required