Hi, we’re Ah Um –an independent content agency, but with a difference. We don’t just develop creative deliverables, we stand up in-house content teams who will power digital transformation, marketing and communications. We’re an in-house, on-demand content studio
We’re growing. So, we’re looking for new team members to join the company, advance our experience, skill set and expertise and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals for 2022 and beyond.
This role requires an experienced Creative Director (CD) with a unique blend of creative vision and business sense – but this isn’t your standard CD role. In this newly created position, you will have an eye on the big picture – we are about progress, not perfection.
We’re looking for someone who, along with the usual CD ability to be both a leader of creative, and when necessary, a creator of ideas, also excels at people management. Someone who understands how the in-house model works and who has the drive to help grow an ambitious business. This is a key leadership position with ownership, authority and responsibility for the creative output of the Agency’s work via our four key client offerings – content production, talent library, on-demand studio and content transformation.
You’ll be responsible for providing excellent hands-on leadership for the creative team. You’ll have experience of – and be comfortable with – managing and organising creative resources to consistently deliver fluent and innovative strategies as well as great creative content for our clients.
As a young agency with big plans, there will be times you will need to be willing to get your hands dirty. Working alongside the MD and the other service leads, there will be an expectation to support new business pitches occasionally where your skill set, experience or knowledge is needed, being a key driver in the company’s growth with holistic thinking around strategy and creative points of view. You’ll be comfortable presenting concepts to clients and your ideas will be award-winning, innovative and strategic.
- Work with the SLT to build a market-leading creative offering that focuses on delivering in-house capabilities for clients
- Build highly impactful creative teams for our clients, overseeing all aspects of creative work and delivery on multiple and complex projects
- Enhance the creative processes across all channels both internally and externally
- Be commercially aware and fiscally responsible for the scope and budget associated with each project
- Passionately lead the day-to-day creative team collaboration and oversee all aspects of content production whilst driving wider team engagement with
- permanent and freelance staff, ensuring they understand the Ah Um philosophy
- Constantly strive to make work that works; that is recognised by the public, trade, general press, and industry award schemes and be responsible for creating case studies
- Have a critical knowledge of creative products, services and media and be able to reference these without needing extensive research
- Possess great presentation skills with the ability to persuade and inform, while maintaining agency standards and a strategic point-of-view
- Challenge the norm, continually proposing new ideas and rationalising them internally and to clients
- Operate collaboratively and effectively with senior stakeholders
- Support new business development
- Attend out of work functions where available and build relationships with potential clients/client stakeholders
- Enhance the reputation of the agency externally whilst playing an integral role to the life and culture of the agency
6+ years experience within senior creative roles
Proactive and driven with experience of exceeding commercial KPIs