About Simply Business
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability. Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people. We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 750,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA. Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. We’re proud of our inclusive and supportive culture, and we’re passionate about creating an environment where everyone’s cultural backgrounds, skills, and perspectives are valued. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
About the role
What you’ll be doing:
- writing compelling content aimed at small business owners and landlords, with a focus on producing articles and guides for our highly successful Knowledge centre
- delivering first-class copy on a wide variety of projects – from email and marketing campaigns, to product landing pages and video scripts
- ensuring all copy is in line with our tone of voice, acting as an ambassador for the Simply Business brand style
- working to tight deadlines on multiple projects at a time
- collaborating with and advising stakeholders on external comms best practice
- sub-editing and proofreading other writers’ work
- using data to help shape our editorial direction
- devising content-focused data capture initiatives
- suggesting new formats and tests to help elevate our content to the next level
- working closely with our Marketing, Customer Insight, Product, and Commercial teams (and more) to help deliver our strategy and support wider business efforts
- helping the team to drive continued business value from intelligent and effective content marketing
We’re looking for someone who:
- has impeccable spelling and grammar, able to QA your own work and others’
- has experience in working towards – and helping to define – project briefs
- has a firm understanding of the fundamentals of SEO
- is familiar with the principles of content marketing and lead generation
- comes from a delivery-centric background, either through an agency/news desk role, or a fast-paced/multi-faceted in-house position
- has a solid understanding of measuring content success through key digital metrics
- has a tight grasp of the nuances that can make content/copy land or fall flat
- is proactive in contributing ideas to help shape our editorial calendar
- has experience in a digital-first organisation
- possesses the ability to drive projects and multi-task, prioritising according to business value
- is a team player, able to embrace the Simply Business values and working culture
- is resourceful and collaborative
- has an appreciation for UX, and an understanding of the way users consume different types of content
- pairs creativity with an eagerness to deliver results
- has an open mind with a desire to learn and take on feedback
- is comfortable writing in a conversational tone of voice, with an emphasis on simplicity and plain English
- has a degree in English, Journalism, or a related Marketing or Comms field – a bonus but not essential
- understands the small business and landlord audience – again, a bonus but not essential
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership, lifestyle pot, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
These are available to all staff from your first day. Here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• an automatic enrolment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
• generous holiday entitlement
• life assurance – 4 x your basic salary
• a health cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• unlimited access to 24/7 virtual GP
• bupa nurse health-line
• employee assistance programme (EAP)
• eye care vouchers
• local discounts
The fun stuff
We also have a great deal more to pick and mix from, with things like:
• a full gym membership
• lifestyle pot (a pot of cash to be used against anything you want need: well being, personal development, hobbies or childcare costs)
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave (up to 5 days)
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
• merlin pass
• taste card
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering. In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We’re trusted to get the right stuff done in the way that suits us best
We respect the uniques skills and perspective that everyone has
If we can make it simpler, we do, and if we can’t then we explain it so everyone can understand
We’re always learning, developing and improving, and helping others do the same
We lead with purpose and make things happen