The Community Manager role sits within the Content & Social Marketing Team, within the wider commercial division of Eurostar.
Eurostar has set very strong ambitions to develop brand love through delivering excellent and unique service and experiences, which comes to life, amongst numerous other areas, throughout the strategic directions we’ve defined for social.
Reporting to the GM of Content & Social Marketing Manager (Paris based), and alongside the Content & Social Marketing Manager (London based), you will be responsible for daily management of our Continental based communities across our social properties, including content creation, content curation, copywriting, influencers outreach, campaign management, analytics, paid media, community engagement and growth.
As ambassador of the brand, you are the expert in building dynamic, high quality online and real-world communities and user engagement. You nurture the community and interact with our users through great content across our ecosystem. You cultivate relationships with our most active travellers, influencers and supporters as a means to spark positive interactions for the brands.
This role involves working cross-functionally and liaising closely with internal stakeholders as well as externally with our strategic agency partner, media agencies, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
- Day-to-day management of Eurostar social media communities towards a French and Dutch speaking audiences in France and Belgium and soon Holland (primarily Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linked In)
- Coordinate translation FR => NL with our internal team of transcreators.
- Create, publish and share content to a Eurostar tone of voice, utilising a wide library of imagery and video that inspires meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Develop weekly content plans based on longer term marketing plans, both brand and sales activation based
- Moderate and engage with all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Support the delivery of live social event coverage (through Twitter, Instagram stories, etc.)
- Plan for paid media activities, liaising with local media agencies to plan and implement campaigns.
- Contribute to the implementation and development of the strategy across social platforms
- Strengthen engagement from the community with the brand in social and grow its reputation through continuous and consistent presence.
- Develop best practices based on results, industry trends, and benchmarks to shape social marketing opportunities and fuel the wider team
Analysis & Reporting
- Capture, analyse and report (weekly/monthly/ad hoc) on the performance of social marketing activities using the appropriate data and insights to turn these into actions to improve and optimise interactions with the audience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven social media experience in either a client company or agency side (Digital / Social / PR / Marketing).
- Experience of working with social media management and listening tools a must.
- French native. Excellent copywriting, editing, presentation and communication skills in French. Dutch or Flemish a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to discern what is on brand, and what is not.
- Can explain rationale behind content, work through feedback, work through asset development if needed.
- Ability to react to current, topical events (when relevant) in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and behaviours in social environments.
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability.
- A keen interest for London, travel and British culture.
- Additional European languages a plus: Dutch or Flemish a plus.
- A creative eye and photography skills
- Bac +4 / Bac +5 in Branding, Marketing, Digital, Journalism, PR or Customer Service background a plus
- At least 3 years’ experience, preferably with a background in social, or in an agency as an account exec, planner or copywriter
- Experience of managing digital content for a major consumer service brand.
- Robust working knowledge of and experience with various social media marketing technologies (system administration, publishing tools, back-end tools) and practices to deliver a best in class online consumer experience.
- Deep understanding of online consumer behaviour and content consumption across websites, social media and CRM.
Location: London or Paris based, requires candidate to be flexible across multiple Eurostar locations – fortnightly travel to Paris and/or London.
Salary: fixed term contract, to be negotiated based on experience
Type: Freelance – full time 5 days a week (scope for 4 days a week)
The successful candidate will be an employee of Cedar Communications but will be based at Eurostar offices in either London or Paris.
For 23 years we’ve been connecting people and business across the Channel, helping them to work and grow together. We’re best known for whisking travellers between London, Paris and Brussels, city centre to city centre. But our sights are now set on extending our routes beyond our core destinations, giving people the best possible travel experience between the UK and the Continent.
If you love to live life in high-speed and want to be part of something truly special we encourage you to apply now. Our opening is immediately available. We will continue to consider candidates until we have an accepted offer.