This role is focused on using technical SEO skills, so if sorting out tens of thousands hreflang tags is your type of thing – please apply! The BlueGlass SEO client list include brands like VistaPrint, Expedia, and The FT. The salary range is £35k – £45k, depending on excellence & experience.
What does the day to day role entail?
Day to day, this position will work on a set of 4 to 7 set clients in partnership with your own team including a content coordinator, digital pr exec, and project manager. As SEO lead, you’re the one setting the strategy for the team including content strategy based not technical analysis. Together as a team you are responsible for achieving outstanding ROI for your clients.
How will I grow as a business leader with my SEO skills?
In partnership with senior management, there are two major tasks your role will entail. First, you’re going to develop and productise the SEO offering for BlueGlass clients creating those standardised documents and client roadmap. Secondly, you’ll work on developing glorious reporting that sings to the heartstrings of our clients. In partnership with the wider SEO team at BlueGlass, you’ll review their strategies and feedback on how to improve client organic results.
I’m already going for senior SEO roles at big agencies with free breakfasts, why should I consider a 15 person agency in Farringdon?
- You’re able to make a big difference in a small (£2million/year) and youthful (5 years) rapidly growing business, versus being one more SEO in a sea of SEOs at a conglomerate. It’s like Punk IPA vs Heineken or locally sourced coffee vs Starbucks.
- BlueGlass is run and owned by former senior SEOs like yourself, as a management team they 100% get the value your skills bring to the table and appreciate you deeply; they will listen to you directly, there are no middle managers, PA’s, or other blockers.
- SEO is the foundation of every client relationship, what you’re offering isn’t an add-on service a biz dev person hustled into a contact as an afterthought. As a result, clients care about what you have to say and action your advice instead of sitting on audits for months with red tape excuses.
- Everyone at BlueGlass has a development budget to spend on development; this includes attending conferences, bringing the best industry consultants into BlueGlass as professional mentors, and investing in technology and software.
- We do free burritos on Fridays 🙂
What are the role responsibilities & tasks?
The role requires someone who is a technical SEO wizard, and who has a proven track record managing SEO campaigns independently or as the main analyst and technical point of contact. This role requires someone who understands the power of organic rankings to business goals by comprehending the bigger picture. An effective communicator, this role requires someone who can be trusted to liaise directly with clients on calls and over email; so a polite, polished, and convincing manner (to get those devs moving in the right direction!) with 100% fluency of English is required.
- Creating in-depth, actionable strategic roadmaps to achieve client’s goals
- Researching the competitive landscape for various industries and verticals
- Analyse client website to troubleshoot and prioritise site architecture and performance issues
- Working with analysts to pull appropriate data and metrics to support the auditing and strategy development process
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive SEO site architecture best practices
- Reviewing and educating clients on the results of audit and strategy deliverables
- Research content across multiple verticals and contribute to ideation and brainstorming sessions
- Thought leadership within the digital industry – we encourage everyone to and write for our blog and relevant publications, also speaking at industry events (this is a personal choice and full training is provided)
- Maintain expertise on digital news, patents, trends and algorithm updates
- Understand how SEO works with other digital channels and disciplines like UX, IA, CRO, content management, web development
- Liaise with clients to update them on campaign progress, answer questions in a comprehensive and in-depth manner
- Comprehensive understanding of Technical on page SEO from analysis to recommendations and implementation and local, mobile, and video optimisation
- Attention to detail – focus on getting things right the first time; if this is you, write “Rudolph” at the top of your cover letter, CV, or message.
- Content Auditing to include crawling, duplication and organisation of content for SEO benefits
- Reporting – Campaign wrap-ups about traffic, link, ranking and revenue analysis/ Calculation of ROI
- Aptitude to understand and implement structured data
- Aptitude to write a basic technical documents including site audit and Disavow
- Good knowledge of Robots.txt, CMS and the benefits and weaknesses of popular platforms
What Desired Experience does the dream candidate have?
- 3 – 4 years of professional SEO experience in the UK
- In-house or agency experience considered, though agency preferred
- Experience in developing pitches with commercial awareness for the financials behind the business (pricing structure, rate card, time versus spend)
- Experience managing multiple client strategies of varying budgets and sizes simultaneously
- Experience liaising with in-house teams, external suppliers, and clients
- Experience in some communication tools (Basecamp, Slack, Asana) and Google Drive preferred but not required
Can you see yourself working with these folks?
Do you match the BlueGlass values?
We assess the all candidates on these values, they are a significant part of our recruitment process.
- Be proud of your work – “You are not your resume, you are your work.” Seth Godin
- We win and lose together – “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” Michael Jordan
- Take responsibility for your actions – “The price of greatness is responsibility.” Sir Winston Churchill
- Learning never stops – “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Dr. Seuss
- Act with honesty – “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” Mark Twain
What are the other benefits of this role?
When you join the BlueGlass team, you’re getting more than just a career: you’re investing in your future and wellness. Our benefits include:
- Private medical insurance coverage
- Pension programme
- Subsidised gym membership
- 25 days holiday to start
- Current Mac on most up to date software
- Burrito Friday Lunch and learns
- Free books allowance
- Quarterly team events
- Annual company retreat
- Training & conference attendance
- Tea, coffee and the occasional treat
- Stress Relief Pet Therapy (we have an office dog)