As an Account Manager at Southerly, you’ll be responsible for managing diverse content and communications projects, nurturing client relationships, winning new business, and increasing business commerciality for an award-winning content agency. You will report into an Account Director and work with a creative team to deliver exceptional content-driven internal and external communications for our clients. This is an exciting time to join Southerly and, for the right person, this role will offer significant career development and the chance to grow.
- Day-to-day management of client relationships and projects
- Work in partnership with the content team to understand briefs, develop project plans and define timeframes for pieces of work
- Help the content team reach their billable-time targets by managing workflow for the team, and ensuring a happy, stress-free team environment
- Master and advocate our internal processes
- Support the team with new proposals, tenders and pitches
- Look for growth opportunities with all current accounts
- Understand the client’s needs and ensure the content we create is meeting, if not exceeding, their expectations
- Monitor emerging trends in content marketing practices and communicate these to the team and clients to embed the agency’s position as a real thought leader
- Credit control – create cost estimates, do monthly invoicing and monitor spend to maximise profitability
- Live the agency’s vision and values, pursue your own professional development, and contribute towards a positive team culture.
Key skills and experience:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a project-based role in the marketing/communications industry, whether agency or client-side.
- Leadership skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Confident and clear communicator
- An analytical mind-set.
- Experience running Agile projects would be a plus.
We’re Southerly, an award-winning content agency that excels at producing engaging, clever and creative communications for our clients, thanks to our in-house team of strategists, writers and designers. Working with a range of clients including large corporates, tech start-ups and UK government agencies, we specialise in employee engagement and communications, employer brand and recruitment marketing, as well as content and social media marketing.