How to write compelling content
Although content can take a huge variety of forms, words will usually play a vitally important role. Whether it’s scripts and captions for video, considered thought leadership articles or viral content for social media, you need the confidence to write in a way that is compelling and engaging.
In this one-day training course, you will be introduced to some of the key principles by a highly experienced copywriter.
- Fundamentals of good writing – plain English, sentence structure, attention to the needs of the audience
- Inspirational content – examples of where good writing has made a real difference to communications campaigns
- Web usability and search engines – how the online environment differs from print
- Practical writing exercise – working in pairs or small groups to create a blog or web article from a brief
- Formats and formulas – different ways of structuring and presenting content online
- Scripting for video – captions, voiceover, dialogue
- Switching tone of voice – how writers can change style to accommodate brands and audiences
- Practical writing exercise – working in pairs or small groups to create a range of content on a theme, including video scripts and social media posts
Phil Woodford is a highly experienced freelance copywriter and former advertising creative director. As well as teaching at University of the Arts London and French business school INSEEC U, he runs training courses for marketers and communications professionals through his business Here Comes The Cavalry Ltd. His work takes him regularly around the UK and he has also delivered training programmes in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Canada. In his spare time, Phil co-hosts a weekly news review show on Colourful Radio, broadcast from London’s Africa Centre.
Thursday 21st February 2019
Wednesday 17th April 2019
The session is limited to 15 people, so please book early to reserve your place.
CMA Member: £299 plus VAT
Non-member: £399 plus VAT
The CMA, WeWork, 3 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, EC1N 2SW
How do I book?
Please click here to book your place via our e-commerce site.