Practical video production for social and web
All marketers know that video is the best way to communicate with customers, staff and stakeholders. It helps build an emotional connection that translates into tangible, commercial results.
The research is unequivocal about its value to modern businesses. Internet users spend more time on websites with video. Including video in email increases click-through rates. People are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it. We view brands in a more positive light after watching a video about them.
The challenge is that video is perceived as costly, complicated and resource-intensive. And that can be true if companies turn to expensive agencies to implement their video strategy.
That’s why more and more marketing teams are developing their own content using smartphones and other low-cost production equipment.
This course takes you through a step-by-step approach to planning, producing and distributing high-impact video content on Youtube and other key social channels. We cut through the jargon to explain in simple terms how the production process works.
It’s a must-attend for any marketing professionals interested in rolling up their sleeves and creating meaningful content that will directly benefit the business.
- Why choose online video
- Why there’s never been a better time to get started
- What makes a good – and bad – corporate video
- Different types of video and when they’re used
- Come up with a great idea
- Plan your video
- Getting great results from a smartphone
- Beginner’s guide to cinematography (aka how to create amazing visuals)
- Recording great audio
- Lighting your scene
- Working with ‘talent’ (the people in front of the camera)
- The basics of editing
- Improving your audio
- Adding music and effects
- Titles and graphics
- Creating and building a Youtube channel
- Optimising video for search
- Paid and organic social campaigns
Following this training course, you will understand:
- What kind of videos you can make for your business and what you should expect from them.
- How to make your videos stand out from the crowd.
- How to prepare for a video and come up with a story people will want to hear.
- What equipment you need, how to use it and how much it costs.
- How to edit it to tell your story
- Adding music, effects and graphics to make it look more professional
- How do you find your audience
11th October 2019 10am-5:00pm
The session is limited to 15 people, so please book early to reserve your place.
CMA Member: £299 plus VAT
Non-member: £399 plus VAT
The CMA, WeWork, 3 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, EC1N 2SW
How do I book?
Please book your place via our ecommerce site here
About the Instructor
Simon Bates is an expert in connecting companies with their audiences. With a career spanning film writing and directing as well as 20 years spent at the highest levels of marketing communications, he understands better than most the art and value of storytelling for business.
He has advised clients like IBM, Canon, Motorola, The Office Group and Shell and acted as front line spokesperson for UK broadcast and telecoms regulator Ofcom. His short films have won awards at festivals around the world and he has produced more than 20 corporate films for businesses large and small.