Pitching with Impact
Whenever you walk into a pitch situation the client has made their judgement about whether they like you, trust you & think you are right for their brand the minute you walk through the door – before you even sit down & long before you pitch them your idea! This course will show you how to look & feel more confident & impactful in any pitch and to project the convincing image of the creative they want to meet every time.
“I must have been on hundreds of presentations skills courses over my career but working with Glow is the first time I’ve actually learned anything that I could actually use to make my presentations better and make me a better presenter” Marc Salto, Zurich Insurance
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for anyone who has to pitch to clients in meetings or more formal pitch situations.
What is it about?
This course will give you the skills and techniques for delivering your pitches with memorable confidence, charisma, & personality. This unique experiential course translates the tried and tested ‘secret’ theatre skills actors use to have charisma and presence on stage into your business context to help you look and feel more confident, effective & in control in every pitch. It will provide you with simple techniques that will enable you to:
- Make an exceptional 1st impression – impress & engage people from the moment you walk in
- Make your audience sit up and listen –grab & hold your audience’s attention & dynamise your message
- Connect with your audience – easily establish open rapport with your audience to make them more receptive to your idea
- Speak with passion & charisma – learn simple vocal techniques to sound more believable, passionate & convincing
- Take control of how others see you – learn how to adjust your style for different audiences or content
- Be memorable – make your pitch stick & leave a lasting positive impression
- Deal with questions – handle Q&A with calm, controlled confidence
- Unlock your glow – discover how to turn on the best version of you whenever you need it
What do I get out of it?
- Physical skills to establish a confident & engaging physical presence
- Vocal techniques to deliver your pitch with clarity, impact & charisma
- Practical behaviours to overcome nerves & feel more confident & in control
- The ability to hold your audience’s attention and deliver exceptional pitches with memorable charisma & personality
- This course covers the ‘how’ to pitch but won’t look at your content or what to say.
The course is 1 day, 9.30-5.00pm. It will be an experiential session where you will be expected to take part in some simple exercises & practice. Please come with a pitch idea which we can use as material on the course – it doesn’t need to be detailed or refined, it can be something you’ve delivered in the past or might deliver in the future & it doesn’t need any handouts, collateral or illustrations – its just a pitch or idea material that you can talk comfortably about for 1-2 minutes.
Ian is an impact and performance expert who has been delivering exceptional communication skills training around the UK & across Europe for the last 11 years. Ian has worked with some of Europe’s most established brands including Lloyds Bank, Aon, Google and Saatchi & Saatchi as well as a wealth of smaller organisations, SMEs and business professionals. His 1-to-1 Executive Coaching experience includes business people of all levels, including senior managers and C-level directors at John Laing Construction, Zurich Insurance, Lloyds Bank amongst others.
16th July- 9:30am – 5:00pm
The session is limited to 10 people, so please book early to reserve your place.
CMA Member: £299 plus VAT
Non-member: £399 plus VAT
The CMA, WeWork, 3 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, EC1N 2SW
How do I book?
Please download and fill in the booking form here.
Please email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org