Digital Content Marketing Strategy
This session on will focus on strategy; how to plan, create and maintain digital content that supports and achieves your goals while meeting end users’ needs. Attention will be given to the unique opportunities provided by the wide range of digital media and platforms available, and how each can be used to further your content marketing aims.
Key learning outcomes
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Determine how the needs of your users and your business objectives inform your content strategy
- Assess the benefits of a wide range of digital channels and content types, including websites, blogs, mobile apps, social media, visual content and online video, to determine which are most relevant to your business
- Develop techniques to attract visitors to your website
- Understand how content works across the customer journey and on all relevant content channels, including your own website and third party social media platforms
- Develop content workflow, measurement, governance and planning systems
- Create a strategy for the delivery and maintenance of your digital content
- Use metrics and analytics to provide actionable insights
- Identify tools and resources for all relevant content marketing activities, from planning and distributing content to measurement and analytics
- Efficiently and effectively manage digital teams, agencies and freelancers
Creating a Digital Content Strategy
- The strategy process – how to ensure your digital strategy is right for your business
- Resources and tools you will need to build a content marketing strategy
- Documenting, implementing and revising content strategy
Putting the user at the heart of your content strategy
- Researching your audience’s digital behaviour and using the data to target your content effectively
- Creating and using ‘Personas’ and ‘Scenarios’
- Identifying key user journeys
Defining business objectives for your content strategy
- Establishing your goals and tying these in with online conversions
- Identifying key messages for your digital media
- Measuring success: analytics and KPIs
Managing digital teams, outsourcing build, and the creative process
- How to manage a digital brief from a client
- Briefing and managing digital agencies and freelancers
- How digital teams work, eg costs, account management, project management and risk management
Tim is an independent digital content marketing strategist and user experience specialist. He is a regular consultant for the Content Marketing Association, planning and delivering monthly digital breakfast events in London.
Tim started his career in print media, working as a journalist and editor at Future Publishing across a range of specialist interest sectors, including video games, music-making, photography, computing and technology.
How Much Does it Cost?
- Members £299 + VAT
- Non-members £399 + VAT
When is it?
Monday 18th June 2018
Where is it?
WeWork, 3 Waterhouse Square, 138 Holborn, EC1n 2SW
Who Should Come?
- Anyone with digital marketing expertise
- Marketing/Account manager level and above
How Do I Book?
To book a place please fill out the Booking Form and send back to: