Account Management Masterclass
- By the end of this course, delegates will have considered how to analyse their client base and develop appropriate strategies for different account types
- The course will establish the principles of ‘best practice’ for account management – focusing on difficult situations and when things go wrong
- What is Account Management – and why does it matter?
- Challenges and Opportunities
- Qualities of Excellence
- Managing Expectations
- Influencing Skills
- The Account Opportunity
- Golden Rules of Account Management in 2019
Tuesday 3rd September 2019
The session is limited to 15 people, so please book early to reserve your place.
CMA Member: £299 plus VAT
Non-member: £399 plus VAT
The CMA, WeWork, 3 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, EC1N 2SW
How do I book?
Please click here to book your place via our e-commerce site.
09:30: Introduction and course objectives
Qualities of Excellence: the two-headed miracle worker!
- Defining the role of the Account Manager/Director
- Qualities of account management excellence
- From a client perspective
- From an agency perspective
- Achieving a balance and protecting status
11.15- 11:30: Coffee
Essential and unique skills:
- How to achieve the status of a trusted advisor with your client
- Managing client expectations
- Key Communication Skills + exercises
- The Language of Account Management – ‘do’s and don’ts’
- Influencing Skills
- Writing skills
- The language of negotiation
13:00 – 14:00: Lunch
Taking a Strategic Approach: Thinking like an Agency
- The importance of taking a strategic approach to account management
- Understanding the client-relationship axis ( from transactional to partnership)
- Identifying different account types and assessing their relative value to our business
- What constitutes a ‘good’ account?
- How to set meaningful and deliverable objectives (for client and agency)
- Measures of success – agreeing the client’s criteria for judgement and delivering against these
15:30 – 15:45: Break
Client Relationship Management
- What IS CRM and why is it a critical component of Account Management
- Building awareness of the client’s business challenges
- How to achieve ‘client intimacy’ through CRM
- Building multi-level relationships with across all stakeholders
- Client management checklist
- Reporting styles/structures
- Formal Account Reviews
- How to structure an effective client meeting + exercise
- 10 Golden Rules of Account Management Excellence – final workshop exercise
Trainer: Debra Sharron
Debra Sharron has been working in media sales for over 20 years and brings all of her experience into the training room to share with delegates. She is passionate about developing sales talent and confidence for professionals operating across commercial teams in the fast changing world of digital and traditional media.