Digital / Video / Social / Strategy
The challenge: Drive monetisation on Whittard’s social channels
Hijack social conversation around cultural moments to convert more of Whittard’s social media traffic into online shoppers.
Using our own Story Mapping methodology, we applied data insight around Whittard’s key audiences for a seasonal campaign for Whittard’s Mini Caddies tea infusions. We measured behavioural insights and used social listening to identify key trending topics for audience conversation.
- The strategy tapped into seasonal events, weather, news and trends, propelling Whittard to front of mind, maximising share of voice and driving social media discussion.
- By tracking the unpredictable weather throughout the country, we used paid distribution to target audiences in different regions, serving them with hyper relevant posts, whether rain or shine.
- Relevant content was pushed to the key audiences, driving them either online to buy or in-store, depending on their behavioural habits.
- The campaign kick-started with a six-day launch and an explosion of 12 weird and wonderful flavours across Whittard’s social channels, using beautiful GIFs, recipe pairings and serving suggestions.
- 119% increase on unique purchases of mini caddies
- 70% increase on purchases through the website
- 442,000 customers reached through social media