Global employer branding leader Universum had a wealth of internal expertise in research and publishing, but had struggled to create content that was accessible and engaging to a non-academic audience. Our task was to turn content that was historically very dry and numbers-focused into something engaging with genuine actionable insights for the audience.
The project, which was based on research into Millennial attitudes towards work, had significant ambitions, but a limited total budget of US$35,000.
- To generate leads for the sales team (leads being C-suite and senior execs in Fortune 500 companies globally).
- To create a subscriber audience for future marketing communications.
- To establish credibility as ‘Millennials’ experts.
- To achieve organic media coverage through written story placement with major business publications.
Working with its teams in Stockholm and New York, King Content developed a strategy, implementation and execution plan for Universum’s Millennials project. This centred on the creation of a six-part ebook series, each covering a different aspect of Universum’s research, targeted at a global executive audience. Each ebook – which were published as gated assets on a campaign landing page – was supported by a ‘content pack’ that included blogs, articles, infographics and social media content.
In the absence of any paid media, we partnered with INSEAD Business School and The Head Foundation to lend credibility to the research and distribution within Universum’s key target audience segments.
- Organic media coverage in publications such as Harvard Business Review, CNN Money.
- 1m+ organic reach.
- 13,200+ leads generated.
- 360% increase in annual lead volume.
- US$1m direct ROI.
- US$8m assisted ROI.
Campaign landing page, PR, social media.
HR professionals, and executive leaders globally.