Sportcal Insight magazine
Progressive was asked to re-invigorate Sportcal Insight, a bi-monthly sports business magazine circulated to a global audience of leading sports administrators.
Sportcal is a sports industry news and research specialist with offices in London and Lausanne. It has been at the forefront of the business of sport for over 22 years. In 2014 Progressive was asked to partner with Sportcal and to re-launch its Sportcal Insight magazine as a bi-monthly print and digital offering.
Progressive handles creative and production and supports Sportcal’s in-house team of expert editors, journalists and researchers. The magazine is packed full of the best analysis, the sharpest opinion and the most compelling and in-depth features. It is distributed to the key decision makers and influencers from the world of sports governance, broadcasting, sponsorship and events.
The first edition was distributed at the prestigious SportAccord convention in Belek/Antalya, Turkey. The event took place on 6-11 April 2014 and attracted over 2,500 leading representatives from international sport.
The magazine has had a positive impact on the sports intelligence industry. Sportcal Insight has enhanced Sportcal’s reputation as an industry leader and allowed it to better communicate with existing subscribers and the wider community.
A reader survey conducted in August 2014 has shown that the magazine re-launch has been an overwhelming success. Research revealed that:
- 9 out of 10 readers agree that the design of Sportcal Insight is better than the design of the old magazine
- 61% rate Sportcal Insight better than other magazines in the sector
- The average time spent reading Sportcal Insight is over 31 minutes. An increase of 24% of the old magazine
- Over two thirds of Sportcal Insight readers consider it to be a valuable part of their Sportcal subscription
- Almost half of non-subscribers to Sportcal agree that Sportcal Insight has encouraged them to subscribe or think about subscribing to Sportcal’s news or data services