Nikon Pro, is the tri-annual, specialist publication from Nikon Europe for professional photographers and serious enthusiasts.
Nikon Pro is the key communication vehicle for Nikon Europe to talk to their professional photographers. It’s produced in four languages and distributed free of charge to 30,000 pros across Europe. Produced by Cedar since its launch in 1995, the original brief was to inspire, inform and engage with this audience. Since then the magazine has grown and its appeal has broadened to encompass not only professionals but amateurs and enthusiasts as well who can purchase either a print or digital subscription.
Nikon Pro needs to fulfil a number of roles.
- Engage with Nikon’s professional photographers and serious enthusiasts, a key and increasingly valuable audience.
- Inspire its readers through showcasing the best work of Nikon’s photographers from around the world.
- Showcase new, relevant Nikon product providing the technological details and acting as a catalyst to purchase.
- Help photographers to do their jobs better by providing relevant information (techniques, locations, industry issues)
- Promote Nikon as the world’s leading camera manufacturer and a supporter of professional photographers.
- Position Nikon as a technology leader.
Packed with news and features that matter to the professional photographer, Nikon Pro is the ideal companion for everyone serious about their photography. As well as the latest Nikon product news, stunning imagery and the stories behind them, Nikon Pro offers an inside look at the things that matter in the photography industry. We have location reports from ‘must see’ photography destinations worldwide, insight from industry specialists, and unusual techniques explained by experts. Each issue features three assignment stories about leading photographers at work and what they use, and we look at the important issues being discussed at the heart of the industry.
The tablet edition of Nikon Pro, launched in 2011, enables enthusiasts worldwide to enjoy great images and movies as if they were their own, in glorious full screen resolution. Based upon the award winning Nikon Pro magazine distributed free to over 70,000 European professionals for almost 20 years? The tablet version is designed as the ideal alternative to the printed version. The tablet edition contains all the content of its printed counterpart but includes extra features, stories, movies and images
Recent research has shown that Nikon Pro is extremely well received with:
- An average read time of 55 minutes
- 89% of readers rating the magazine as informative
- 85% rating Nikon Pro as entertaining
- 38% of readers purchasing a piece of Nikon equipment as a direct result of reading the magazine
*source: Nikon Pro reader research 2014