MIDWIVES & www.rcm.org.uk
To communicate the college’s position on policy and clinical issues in an authoritative, entertaining and accessible way.
A redesign and editorial restructure provided improved content. Midwives magazine provides informative content for practising midwives, maternity support workers and midwifery students in an accessible and entertaining format. Evidence Based Midwifery is a peer-reviewed academic journal which promotes the dissemination, implementation and evaluation of midwifery evidence locally, nationally and internationally.
The publisher consolidated 13 college websites into one content-rich site. A new design, simplified navigation and a job search function were introduced. A monthly e-zine was launched to provide latest news/comment between issues and drive traffic to the RCM site.
Live events Redactive has staged the RCM’s Annual Midwifery Awards since 2010. In this time, we have helped the RCM to grow the event significantly and move the event from the Royal Garden Hotel, Kensington, to The Brewery in the heart of the City of London. Hosted by Natasha Kaplinsky, the awards are a highlight of the midwifery calendar and a celebration of the tremendous achievements of midwives. Redactive has also staged the RCM’s annual conference and exhibition since 2013. With over 1,000 delegates, close to 100 exhibitors and a high-profile speaker line-up, the event is a must-attend for midwives and healthcare professionals.
- 83% of members are more satisfied with the new magazine than previous editions
- 94% now read Midwives regularly
- 87% read it for at least 30 minutes
- 98% believe Midwives caters well for RCM members
- 70% rate Midwives within the top two RCM member benefits
- 93% strongly agree the new website caters well for members
- The website attracts around 40,000 unique visitors each month (the equivalent of every member using the site)
- The publisher has grown advertising revenues for RCM by 67%