Arthritis Care asked CPL to produce a website to support their membership magazine, Inspire. The site needed the same fresh, vibrant, lively feel as the magazine and was designed to host links to back issues as well as providing regular news stories on matters of interest to the charity’s members, stakeholders and supporters.
- Host the new fully-optimised editions of Inspire magazine
- Allow readers to enter magazine competitions online
- Update weekly with relevant news stories
- Provide an archive of Inspire issues as digital replicas for visitors to read online
- Put the charity in touch with a new, online audience
CPL’s designers had already created a strong presence for Inspire as a printed title, and Arthritis Care were keen to continue this online for the digital product. Using the same strong colours and fonts as used in the magazine and adopting the editorial team’s upbeat, friendly voice, the site was designed to fully support the title and widen its audience to help raise awareness of the charity’s work.
The site’s content management system meant it could be easily updated by CPL’s editorial team, while also providing an online library for the digital editions of the magazine, a ‘sign-up’ point for the charity’s e-newsletter and a selection of features from the latest issue of the magazine.