Digital / Social / Strategy
The challenge: Get more ‘heads in beds’ for Hyatt
Hotels are highly dependent on very competitive search. The winners are those with the biggest PPC budgets – and the travel aggregators.
- Using our own Story Mapping methodology, we applied data insight to identify demand drivers: the events driving visitors to specific cities at a particular time. We then used paid distribution to target audiences in Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, allowing us to reach people at the perfect point in the consideration stage and bypassing the competitive world of search.
- We focused on five events, including the London Marathon, Rugby World Cup and Amsterdam Noord festival, and created a range of formats to target the relevant audiences at exactly the right time with content from Hyatt related to their passions.
- Increasing visibility of the Hyatt brand on social made the brand more memorable
- Content linked to people’s passions made it more relevant
- During the campaign period uplift in traffic from social to hyatt.com rose between 7% and 26%
- Uplift in traffic to site increased by 5% and 11% overall