Golfbreaks.com wanted to completely overhaul its website so that users would find researching and booking holidays easier, more intuitive and much quicker across multiple devices, including desktop, mobile and tablet. As a market leader, Golfbreaks.com wanted a digital platform that would become the definitive source of information for golf travel in the context of being a commercial operation.
Golfbreaks.com set us the following challenges within the brief:
- To deliver a platform that dominates the online booking market
- To increase market share
- To give customers the best experience possible
- To fully embrace mobile and tablet browsing and booking
- To improve SEO to increase cost-effectiveness
- To provide an interface design that would lead a complete brand identity refresh
August Media delivered a business strategy, content, creative design, UX development and a front-end build for Golfbreaks.com. We also integrated an e-commerce platform servicing smaller, last-minute booking requirements.
Customers certainly appreciate the improvements, with 98% of almost 5,000 reviewers in the last six months stating that they would book again. During the first six months after launch, the year-on-year developments have been remarkable:
- Search traffic is up 20% – more qualified traffic on site, customers staying longer
- Reduced bounce rates and a 10% increase in quality traffic
- On-site conversion is up 14% (across desktop, tablet and mobile devices)
- Visits from mobiles are up 20%
- Sales revenue is up 24%
- Gross profits are up 22%